Through each year we host an array of trips, courses, taster and social events for our members based on our Events Program and Planning Guide. You can find out what is coming up from our calendar or keeping an eye on our Facebook Group. When attending an event you will be expected to fill in a trip consent form either by signing up to an event using our online booking system webcollect (download pdf version). You can find out more about costs by viewing our Fees Guide.
Interested in running something for yourself and others so you can get out paddling more? Take a look at the event guidelines below to find out more!
We also encourage our members to utilise our Facebook Group to set up their own events too.
We aim to run at least one trip a month but if you have an idea for a trip or want to get involved in the organisation get in touch with our trip event coordinator email@example.com.
Learning is an integral part of development so when there are enough individuals interested in a specific course we try and set them up with internal or external providers that can tailor to us. To find out more contact our course event organiser firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone likes to try something new once and a while so we try and scatter discipline taster events throughout our program. If you’d like to try something specific, are interested in organising or running a taster event contact our coaching officer email@example.com
Visits to the pub after a paddle, club meals and get togethers are some of the ways we like to get to know everyone and have some fun off the water. If you have an idea for a social event you would like us to organise please contact our social event organiser firstname.lastname@example.org
It can be a challenge to have events that will always suit everyone, so we do encourage members to get involved and continually put forward suggestions and even take on running something themselves on behalf of the club so have created this section to help guide through some of the key things to consider.
- Is the proposed event a peer or club event?
- Are you up to date with the latest British Canoeing Event Saftey Management Guidance and club Operating Guidelines, Polices and Risk Assessments?
- Have you established a target discipline(s) type and the most appropriate equipment required to recommend?
- Are you targeting a specific ability group?
- Have you contacted leaders and/or coaches (whichever applicable) to ensure sufficient availability for the appropriate remits and ratios?
- Have you appointed a home contact if required?
- Are you familiar with the location, terrain, river sections, coast and nearest emergency facilities?
- Have you completed a risk assessment? (see our Operating Guidelines, Polices and Risk Assessments)
- Are you keeping up to date with the environmental conditions such as weather, surf and tides, river levels, weir levels/gates?
- If it is a club trip have you contacted the committee with an event plan?